Monday, May 25

I'm Absolutely Amazed!!

I had the most amazing conversation with our younger daughter last night. She lives in the same town as my mom and we finally got to go out to dinner together last night - just the two of us. She's nearly 30 and this is hard for her because she hasn't found a satisfying relationship and sees time flying by (at 30!!!). As we talked I very delicately hinted that her Dad and I had found new ways of relating and new joy in our relationship even though we're a lot older than her. Eventually, it all spilled out - how she wanted to be taken care of by a dominant man, how she wanted to be a submissive wife, how she thought she'd never find anyone who would understand. As we shared our feelings we both kept saying how amazing it was that we felt the same. She thought her parents would never understand and we thought our daughters would never understand. I certainly didn't go into details and didn't bring up the discipline part at all, but the deep-down feelings of wanting to surrender to a stronger partner were soooooo similar. I never cease to be astounded by what we can learn about the people we love if we only listen without judgement and let them know that we love them and support their choices.

I wonder if she'll ever stumble on this blog while searching the internet. If so, I can live with it. Now I'm off to be with my mom. We'll go to visit my dad's grave today and tomorrow I'll head back to my Lash! Life is absolutely amazing!!

4 comments:

Tiggs said...

This is absolutely fantastic news!!!!!! Hmmm... makes me wonder if it is the way we are raised or something in our genetic make-up! Either way, it makes for an intensely intimate relationship between you and your daughter! Enjoy!

Love and hugs!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome, we've told one daughter and her husband but that is all. It is so nice to have someone who understands you! Now you can help her find the perfect mate! Have a safe trip home.
~N

Anonymous said...

Cool

Meow said...

Tiggs, ~N and Maryann, thanks for the comments! I'm still flabbergasted! I've read blogs written by young, single women looking for dominant men and I know it's not easy, but it never hurts to know more about yourself and what you want. Meow