Wednesday, May 6

Another Lesson from Life

Life's Lesson #1: Sometimes Life isn't fair! I recently got news that my mom has breast cancer. The irony is that only 6 weeks ago we celebrated the fact that her most recent scan showed her to be free of the colon cancer that had metastasized to her liver. Being free of Stage IV colon cancer was like a miracle! Now this. I'm grieving for her, I'm angry at Life and I'm pissed (and I know this is petty) because this is such a bad time for me to travel to be with her. My brothers can take her to the oncologist this week, but I've always been the one who was with her through surgery and cancer treatments. Last time this happened - when the colon cancer showed up in her liver - I was with her several weeks. I know I just need to take one day at a time and wait to see what the oncologist says later this week. But that leads to Life's Lesson #2: Waiting Sucks!

1 comment:

Daisychain said...

Oh, honey, that SUCKS! I am so sorry. I will add you and your mum and family to my prayer list. Don't we have a great God? Doesn't matter how many aliases we come up with, he knows us, every one!
I will be thinking of you and hope all the logistics can be sorted so you are with your mum when she needs you most. xxxxxxxxxxx