Tuesday, July 26

Subtlety


subtle |ˈsətl|    adjective 
1. so delicate or precise as to be difficult to analyze or describe
Lately our experience of DD has been one of subtlety and nuance.  We seldom raise our voices to each other or slam doors or stomp out of the house angry.  Of course, we have done all these things in the past and may do them again, but for the present they have faded away.  Lash does not chase me around the house with a raised paddle, trying to catch me to turn my bottom black and blue.  That will probably never happen.  We are not a volatile, out-spoken, short-fused couple so there will be little drama on this blog.
Our last few spankings have happened because of very subtle signals we have noticed inside ourselves.  In one instance, I felt tiny pockets of resistance in my submission and asked for a second spanking to help me feel like the wife I wanted to be.  Another time,  I began to pull away slightly and needed to be reminded to lean on Lash when I am troubled.
Yesterday, we didn't have time for our usual walk and spanking routine in the morning.  It wasn't a bad day.  We didn't fight or even grow distant, but Lash felt a subtle change inside himself, something not-quite-right.  So before we went to bed, he took me in his arms and told me that he needed to spank me.  My response was:  "I'm yours!"  
It was a change for us.  We seldom spank outside of our usual daily maintenance.  He couldn't explain why he needed it - he didn't have to.  He knew I would comply and I never considered refusing.  His need was enough for me.  My obedience was all he asked.  So he spanked (and dang! that man loves my sit spot!)  I went to bed with a bottom that not only hummed, but sang out loud all night.  Of course, I got my usual morning spanking today.  Owwwwie!
We've been toying with the idea of a little "warm up" of my bottom with the strap before bedtime.  Lash likes me to sleep in the nude and we both like the idea of my having a tingle in my bottom - another subtle reminder to think of him all night.  I'll let you know if this plan works out.  If last night was any indication, it might.  We both really liked it!

16 comments:

baby girl said...

I do love a happy ending!

:-)

Daisychain said...

OH, how lovely! I just loved this post. I dream of us being able to be together like this... xxxxxxxxxx

kiwigirliegirl said...

wow daily spankings. How lovely.
I do like the after affect of a spanking at night in bed, feeling sore, reminding me of him and how is my HOH - laying there in bed naked with a "humming" bottom is the nicest reminder of who is the boss in our house. It works for us - most of the time.

senorrose4 said...

Sounds ideal to me!!!!!

Bob.

Meow said...

baby girl, me too! I stopped by your blog and will read more soon.

Daisy, I pray it will be soon!

Kiwi, Nothing like the reminder feeling to keep us in line!

Bob, Welcome and thanks! We love it!

findingsara said...

What a lovely place to be! We ARE, at very least, an "out-spoken" couple, so I suspect we will never be as subtle as you two, and yet, Dd has also come to a different place than it was several years ago for us. Who needs all that drama? Or the worries or the testing? Nah, we've done that, learned ourselves and each other, found our rhythms...it's kinda nice, huh? ;) Sara

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine daily spankings, lol! Are they good girl spankings or more like punishment spankings?

Kitty

kiwigirliegirl said...

a daily spanking was on my "bucket list" from MBB blog earlier this week LOL.
I find that the reminder of a sore bottom for a couple of days after a punishment works like a maintenance spanking - a nice reminder of who is who :)
not got around to maintenance spankings yet but will do at some point.

kiwigirliegirl said...

oops i mean my bottom smarts (mbs) lol...(sorry bonnie)

ronnie said...

"Lash doesn't chase me around the house with a raised paddle" LOL.

A lovely post Meow.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

PK said...

Your lives together sound like ours in many ways. We're quiet, calm, content together. I wish we had more spanking and we may soon. I'm happy for you.

Hugs,
PK

Hermione said...

I like that you are a calm couple, no raised voices (although the chasing with a paddle part sounds like a lot of fun!)

Hugs,
Hermione

Ashley said...

I want to know about this whole daily spanking thing too!

Meow said...

Sara, Peaceful feels good to us. We've found a satisfying rhythm for now.

kitty, kiwi and Ashley, I'll try to write a post about our spanking routine.

PK, I hope you're right and that the spankings pick up for you.

Ronnie and Hermione, Yes, the chasing with the paddle could be done in the spirit of fun and end up very interesting!

Hugs, Meow

Katherine said...

Sounds like a great place to be, Meow. I have a question -- for you and anyone else here who may wish to answer:

Were you, by nature, a drama queen, before getting to this place? I'm thinking that, depending on a person's history with/of drama, the transition to "peaceful and quiet" is more challenging and probably takes much longer.

Thoughts?

Katherine

Meow said...

Katherine, You're absolutely right! My battle was mostly inward, against my own fears and insecurities. I was never a drama queen but we each have our own obstacles to overcome and some are more visible to others. Good point!