Monday, July 18

It Takes a Village


     I've read some comments about how nice it is to exchange ideas here in cyberspace with like-minded folks - especially when we can't talk about it to anyone in real life.  That's one of the things that brought me back to blogging.  I seem to remember, back on the old SSS or ASS newsgroups that they had an imaginary village where people had imaginary houses and businesses, all spanko related, of course!
     Wouldn't it be nice if there was an isolated village where we could each have a vacation cottage?  We could meet and visit and no one would think twice if some one gave "the look" or pulled out a paddle or if you heard smacking sounds from every window.  Some people do go to spanking get-togethers, but it's not like having your own little private town of spankos.  Well, I can dream!
     Back to reality!  Right now, I can't imagine going public with family or friends.  I can't even imagine going public at a spanking gathering.  I can only come here to say what's on my mind - to share what it's like to be a spanked wife and happy about it.  I don't have to put up with raised eyebrows, horrified frowns or sympathetic advice to "get help".  I usually feel more "normal" here than I do in the "normal" world because I don't have to hide certain parts of myself.  This area of our life is becoming increasingly important to us.  I really didn't realize how much it helps to share it until I was away from it for a year.  Thanks for being here when I came back and for not forgetting us!

12 comments:

findingsara said...

That was really nice Meow! As we have moved along in our Dd marriage, I have also found this community to be very important, and we have a special bond with the few friends we have transitioned into a r/l friendship with.

Like you, we would never go to a spanking party, or go public, and in fact, we are actually very discreet even when around our Dd friends...but we know and they know. We 'get' each other in a different way, and our marriages have a similar level of commitment and respect and a flow that makes it nice to be around each other. I'm grateful for all of it!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree! I love it here in blog land. I am happy you came back too... :)

Hermione said...

Hi Meow,

The idea of a spanko village is appealing as a fantasy, but I wouldn't want anyone in real life to know what we do. Isn't it funny how easy it is to talk to everyone here on the blogs. I wonder what I would do if we ever met face to face. Would I be as open, or would I talk about the weather.

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

I think it would be fun to know some other couples that were spankos! Can't see it happening though.

Kitty

kiwigirliegirl said...

what a great idea :) i have considered confiding in a friend but as I cant even talk to hubby properly about this how can i confide in someone - so i havent.
I love this community, i think i would have given up ages ago if it hadnt been for the support and advise i get here.
Its nice to know im not alone. Its heartening to see that I am normal and the ups and downs im going through right now are normal for the start of this and its encouraging to know there is light at the end of the tunnell if i keep going :)
so thank you all
love and hugs xxx

Meow said...

Thanks to all! We all need to feel that we're not alone or crazy. When I first lurked on spanking newsgroups it was so freeing to read about others who felt as I did. Blogging is even more fun!

kiwigirliegirl said...

I agree with you meow - and it is such a relief to know we are not alone - especially when im findig it so hard to talk to my hubby about it - thought i was getting there and then i take a huge step back. One big learning curve huh? :)

Stormy said...

What would we all do without each other to understand us and support this lifestyle choice. It's so important.

Meow said...

Stormy, I agree, it's very important to me.

Kiwi, It took me years to even approach the subject of spanking with Lash but once I did it got easier. Now I can speak calmly, without fear, anger or tears and say what I want. I use humor sometimes to keep the subject light. When we feel so deeply about it, it's so hard to talk without emotion.

Daisychain said...

Oh, WOW, what a wonderful idea!!! It is not as impossible as it sounds, you know! For instance, one year we could all agree to rent a property in a specific holiday camp or resort, so we could meet up or be alone, but knowing there were others there too!
And, we could utilise Bonnie's husband, Randy's idea of wearing a "tag" so other spankos would recognise, but vanilla's would not!! It would be a way of meeting up, and if wanted, introducing by our blog names, not our real names!!! SO we could still go back to real world without being known!!!! Hey, wouldn't it be funny to turn up there to see a neighbour/friend you had been blogging with for years, without knowing!!!!!

Meow said...

Daisy, You're full of great ideas! I always wonder if a blogger or lurker could be living down the street.

Katherine said...

Hi Meow! Can I come to the Village? I'm new to this blogging community and to Dd, as well. I've been reading your blogs and several others' for a few months now and appreciate all that everyone shares in an effort to help others and/or gain a clearer perspective of their own situations. I really enjoy reading your posts!

I just started a blog and had quite a tough time navigating the system! I'm still not done -- I can't seem to get my display photo to display -- although it appears on the top of my screen right next to my blog name. Yet it is not on my actual blog site. Geesh.... Anyway, I would so appreciate your stopping by and checking it out when you have a chance. I'd love to hear from you :-)

http://kattykornertime85.wordpress.com/