Thursday, July 28

A spanking a day......


     I've mentioned our daily spankings on this blog and a couple of people have asked about how it works for us.  When we first started DD about 2 1/2 years ago, Lash was working and living out of town about half-time. It was hard to maintain any kind of routine, so we decided to do maintenance spankings every day whenever we were together.  Some days we just didn't have the energy or interest.  Still, daily spankings made us feel closer, more intimate - that was our goal.
     After a 4 month hiatus (I had surgery) and with Lash retired, we suddenly had the time, the interest and the energy to begin daily spankings again.  We usually get up early, walk for 30-45 minutes, get cleaned up and then, as Lash says, he "takes care of his wife".
     Ever since our early days with DD, we've had the same spanking routine.  We snuggle in bed, talk and get relaxed.  It's my time to get into a submissive frame of mind.  On the rare occasions when there is a punishment due, we talk about it and I nearly always cry before the spanking even begins.  Usually we just talk about any little issues that might have come up for us.
     I lie over a pillow across one of Lash's legs while he sits up in bed.  His other leg holds my legs in place and he reaches out with his left hand so that I can hold onto it.  Lash spanks me with his right hand and never scolds or says much.  He gives a good warm up that covers my thighs and bottom.  As the spanks get harder, he concentrates on my sit spot so that I'll feel it for a while.  Lately, I've been able to cry most of the time and he's learning to spank me while I cry which helps release tension and stress for both of us.
     Lash never spanks in anger, never spanks until after we've cuddled and talked and never leaves marks or bruises.  After the spanking, we snuggle again and he soothes my tears and my stinging bottom.  I usually feel very submissive and we often talk about our feelings and what we are discovering about ourselves and about each other.  Sometimes we make love, sometimes we just snuggle and sometimes we get right up to start the day.  
     For a long time, I thought that I wanted disciplinary spankings. The idea is still a hot one for me, but we've discovered that it's really the intimacy, the sense of unity and the expression of that dominant/submissive dynamic that drives our need for spanking.  We don't really use it to modify my behavior or make me obey.
     Our routine of "cuddle/talk, spank, cuddle/talk" is very intimate, very relaxing and yet, very energizing.  It gives me a sense of serenity and fulfillment and, without it, the day just doesn't feel right.  
     I hope this has given some insight into how our version of DD works and why we both love it.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds beautiful! What a loving couple you two are:).

Kitty

findingsara said...

Thanks for sharing these details Meow. It may help another couple who are trying to figure this all out. We do things similarly, but not exactly the same, as every couple makes TTWD their own, but with the same results. I loved "as Lash says, he "takes care of his wife"." Grant uses the exact same phrase...and they are doing just that, aren't' they? Sara

PK said...

This is great, I can picture it and it feels very loving and supportive. It sounds so much like what I want and what we're striving for. I'm very happy for you both.

Hugs,
PK

greengirl said...

That sounds absolutely lovely - and loving.

Mikki said...

Oh wow... that is exactly what we want, but that is a few years away. Too many kids... too much going on... too little privacy... etc., etc. Definitely a nice goal to have to work toward!! Thank you so much for sharing!

Daisychain said...

Aww, that sounds amazingly similar to what we envision, too.... one day... xxxxxxx

kiwigirliegirl said...

wow that is just gorgous - thank you for sharing it Meow. Its lovely.

Anonymous said...

Thanks soo much for that. I have some confusion about the discipline/sex dynamic that I'm attempting to work out in my head before we really get started & this helps a lot!
oo
Maci

senorrose4 said...

Absolutely perfect!! I admire your relationship!!

Bob.

Meow said...

Kitty, Thanks, we try to be.

Sara, I feel very "cared for" after a spanking

PK, I can see it happening for you, too.

greengirl, Thanks for stopping by.

Mikki, It's one of the luxuries of an empty nest and retirement

Daisy, Soon, I hope!

Kiwi, You're welcome!

Maci, It takes time to work these things out, so good luck!

Bob, Thanks!

ronnie said...

So lovely Meow. Thanks for sharing.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Katherine said...

That sounds so lovely and intimate, Meow. I thank you, as well, for sharing it. I have a question I hope you won't mind my asking: You mention that you cry almost every time. Since, as you said, Lance rarely talks or scolds, and there are very few discipline spankings, what is it that makes you cry? I ask because I have yet to reach the place of emotional release during a spanking -- whether it involves tears or not. I think it has to do with my pride and something I'm still hanging onto, afraid to let go of. Do you have any suggestions for me? Katherine

Meow said...

Katherine, I decided to post about this rather than reply to your comment, since my answer got rather long. Lash also wrote about this, so check his blog, too. Hugs, Meow