Thursday, August 6

Official Meltdown Post

I haven't written on this blog for a while.


For a week or two after Lash started spanking again (after his first surgery) I was having trouble focusing - both focusing on each spanking and focusing on the whole DD thing. Why did I want to do this in the first place? I could barley remember what my feelings were 6 months ago when I first brought up the subject. I couldn’t feel any emotions or cry when I was being spanked. I went through the motions - he spanked and I submitted but something was missing. We were able to talk seriously about it, to joke about it, to try different approaches but……. nothing. I just stopped feeling the desire to please him, to submit, to obey, to get spanked.


Last week I started getting very tense, irritable, distant and withdrawn. Some days were better than others, but a lot of days were horrible! I had a big 3 day fundraiser over the weekend, Lash’s 2nd surgery on Monday, hosted a social gathering for 50 women on Tuesday, had a painter in the house on Wednesday and an appointment to get the car serviced today.


Before I even had breakfast this morning, Lash said he was ready to try a left-handed spanking - with the strap. We cuddled and talked beforehand and I gave the right answers but with no enthusiasm. So he spanked with his hand and with the strap…... and I started crying….. and I couldn’t stop. I literally cried all morning and half the afternoon and am still weepy on and off this evening.


First of all, I don’t blame Lash - at all. He’s been doing his part of DD and I agree that we need to keep doing it even when one of us loses focus. I want him to and I’m glad he does it. I’m not mad at him and love him so much!! This is just the risk we take when we open ourselves to another person on a very deep level. We can uncover some fears and anger and sadness that have been buried for years.


Now the background: I stopped taking my hormones about 5 weeks ago and the shit finally hit the fan this week. I’d been symptom-free for 5 blissful years (except for the problems that led to quitting the hormones and having surgery last month). Now I’ve had the “Return of the Hot Flashes” and - yes - it could be the scariest horror movie of all time! I’ve been seriously wondering if life was worth living if this is what the next 20 or 30 years might be like. Being tense and withdrawn was my way of holding onto my sanity and not saying all the hateful things that were in my head.


I grew up at a time and place where no one talked about this stuff. Some women just quietly had “nervous breakdowns” and went away for a while to get “fixed”. My mom tried to commit suicide 4 years after her hysterectomy. Late 1960’s, small midwestern town, so much shame, so little real help available! All this lived in the back of my head as I suffered through these past few weeks. Today the dam broke!


I’m starting back on the hormones again and will have a serious talk with my gynecologist as soon as I can get an appointment. I could get breast cancer or uterine cancer or I could live with menopause for the next 20 years and still get breast cancer! I say “Fuck it!” Today is the day I’m living right now and I may be dead of something else next week. I refuse to live in fear, I refuse to relive my mother’s sadness, I refuse to take out my anger on my wonderful husband. If I have to cry another day or two or another week until I get it all out, I will. If it takes more spankings to help me get in touch with the feelings, I’m ready. If you’re sick of hearing about menopause, me too!! I’m getting on with my life, starting NOW!!!!!

15 comments:

PK said...

I'm so sorry that you are having so much trouble with menopause. By the grace of God I really had an easy time but my mom had it rough. She remained on hormones until she was nearly 80, I'm not saying that was good or bad but she never developed any of the problems that are often blamed on hormones. She stayed on them because she felt better on them and that what I would do if I needed it.

Much love,
PK

Anonymous said...

Big Hugs!!!

Dazygal said...

Awwww, Meow....

Let it all out. We're here for ya!! Just do whatever you need to do to make life worth living. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad Lash is sticking with things through the tough times. What a trooper!!

Dazy

Anonymous said...

Dear Meow,
Bummer. My hysterectomy was a blessing. I'm much happier and healthier now. I haven't used hormones yet, but I take six other daily prescriptions, so obviously I'm not opposed to getting help.
Blessings,
Maryann

ronnie said...

Meow, sending big hugs.

I have been very lucky, I sailed through but have friends who have/had it damn rough. Why did you stop taking the tablets.

Ronnie
xx

Anonymous said...

Hugsssssssssss hope it gets better. I may only be 25 but I completely understand the hell. I have been through medically induced menopause 3 times. It's definetly no fun at all. I hope it gets better soon and I agree we can't live our lives being afraid of what the future may hold. Carpe Diem. :)
lil_miss

Meow said...

Thanks to all for the hugs! The hot flashes are annoying but the real problem is the depression and paranoia that keep me from thinking straight. Getting it all out in the open really helps, so thanks for "listening"!

PK: I may try going off them again in the future, but I may also stay on them until I'm 80!

kitten: Thanks for the hugs!

Dazy: I've decided that life has to be worth living today and let the future take care of itself!

Maryann: I think I have a hysterectomy in my future, too. My doctor and I talked about it, but tried the D&C and getting off the hormones first. Thanks for the positive take on it!

Ronnie: My doctor thought it was safer to stop the hormones because of continued bleeding and newly diagnosed breast cancer in my mom and an aunt. I had a D&C in July for the bleeding, but it may come back if I restart the hormones. All good reasons to be OFF hormones, but I'm the one who has to live with the daily effects of menopause, so I may choose to be ON hormones again. I'm glad you didn't have too many problems!

lil miss: I'm so sorry to hear about your health issues. Only 25! Hoping for the BEST for you in the future!

Blessings to all!!! Meow

Lash said...

My Dearest Meow, my Wife,

To quote Barry White's song, "You're my first, you're my last, you're my everything!" I'll be with you until death do us part.

Love, Your big furry husband, Lash

Tiggs said...

Hang in there, sweetie. Lean on your man when you need to, and take it EASY on yourself... sounds like you're putting a tad too much pressure on yourself and on the whole DD thing. It will work itself out within the context of your relationship and what is happening in both your lives. There is no "right" way or "wrong way", except for what really and truly works for both of you.

I can relate to the hormone imbalances and all that goes with them. I had a total hysterectomy more than a decade ago because of endometriosis and have struggled with hormonal stuff ever since. (I've never taken hormones). Hang in there! It will get better!!!!!

Hang on to those who love you... we won't let you fall!

Sara said...

Meow, I am so sorry. I am tired of hearing about menopause, talking about menopause, going through menopause! Those hormones can be quite the roller coaster ride, but I don't think you're going crazy. But hey, if you find a nice "sanatorium" to take you...see if they have an extra bed. Maybe we could be roomies?

Measha said...

I hope you're feeling better real soon! Lash is a keeper...let him hold you and love you (of course a spanking can't hurt)! :)
Measha

Meow said...

Lash: XXXXOOOO!!!!!

Tiggs, I'm feeling much better yesterday and today. I'm still having hot flashes, but the mental static is dying down!

Sara, The "M" word will not be mentioned again! If I find a nice quiet place to relax, I'll save you a bed! Maybe they'll have a padded room just for spanking! No noise to annoy the other patients!

Measha: I am feeling better, thanks! Lash has been holding and loving me and spanking, too!

Love to all, Meow

Daisychain said...

Oh, boy....I'm just starting mine.... gee, I'm SOOO looking forward to the picture you guys have painted....(not)
LOL. One day at a time....
Love you all. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Saffron said...

Hugs hunni! I don't get menopause....(so much to look forward to as I get older I see)...but I do get the emotions coming up and the crying crying crying after spankings. Especially when you open up and fully trust that person. Im glad you have Lash to go through it with! I kind of think the emotional release is good!!!!! Let it all come out!!! (Though it sucks at the time!!!!)

Meow said...

Daisy, Here's hoping your menopause is a walk in the park! Actually, when I'm on the hormones, I'm fine! If yours gets bad I'll reserve a bed in the same sanatorium with me and Sara!

Saffron, Menopause is like PMS only multiplied and never-ending with hot flashes added in (grin)! By the time you get around to it, they'll probably have even better hormone replacement and it will be a breeze! Enjoy being young - for the most part I enjoy being my age, too! I really needed the crying jag to get all that emotion out in the open, but it can feel awful while I'm in the middle of it.

Hugs, Meow