Thursday, August 27

Kids' Recipes

Until I get Mom's cake recipe, I'll share some recipes from kids!


ICE POPS FOR SUMMER
You need:

1 whole can of any kind of drink except beer

11 or 9 sticks, maybe

Regular 'frigerator silver things that turn ice into squares
THAT IS ALL

Shake up the juice for some hours. Be sure to put the sticks in upside down, else you won't have no handles and maybe you could never get the icepops out.

Now it has to freeze good or - Oh Boy - when you open it, it will spill all over and the floor will get all sticky and bad ants come.

Usually it takes 'til lunch time but not always.


SCRAMBLED EGGS

5# of boiled bacon
2# of eggs
3# of ginger ale
1 fat
8 gal. of salt
4# of pepper
1 knife of butter

First you open the eggs with your mittens. Use only the insides. Throw the rest in the sink. Put the eggs in a 10# can and cook the bacon in a plastic pan. Get your pan real hot. If you get your pan hot first, you only have to cook 2 minutes, but if the pan is not hot you have to cook 3 hours.

Eat them in the morning or the afternoon. And you will sure need some orange juice after!

5 comments:

Spanky said...

The freezer ice pops brought back a lot of good memories! Thanks for sharing this.

Hugs,

Spanky
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

ronnie said...

Hey Meow, yes, same as Spanky, happy memories. Used to make them for son and his friends.

Look forward to the cake recipe.

How Lash this morning, better I hope?

Have a good trip.

Love.
Ronnie

Hermione said...

I vote for beersicles! That might be fun to try, if Ron will let me experiment with a bottle or two.

Have you tried beercan chicken? Yummy. The whole chicken sits down on top of an open, 3/4 full can of beer, which is on a baking sheet. Put in oven or on barbecue and cook till done. It's very moist.

Hugs,
Hermione (where it's too early for beer)

Anonymous said...

Love the scrambled eggs recipe directions! You are cracking (sorry couldn't resist) me up! And frighteningly I need those exact type of instructions. My husband does cooking beyond my own abilities (which amount to nothing more than to twist the can or jar open - as if the children were all cats!

Meow said...

Spanky and Ronnie, I have great memories of ice pops, too!

Hermione, I've heard of beer can chicken, but never tried it. I don't drink beer, but I used to boil bratwurst in it before grilling them.

KayLynn, Thanks for stopping by! I'll check out your blog as soon as I catch up from unpacking! I hate to cook, too!!

Meow