Thursday, October 15

When Spanking isn't Working

This morning before we left for the weekend we had a spanking session and I reacted in an unusual way.  Lash has been upping the ante with our maintenance spankings and they are getting quite painful for me.  When we started doing this a few months ago, I asked Lash to push my limits and this is what he's been doing. 


Now here's the thing....  I'm a pretty stoic person and can tolerate a lot of pain when I'm injured or sick.  But I'm finding that what works in everyday life to keep me going, doesn't work during a spanking.  When the pain gets to be too much, I tense my muscles and shut down my emotions.  It takes me longer and longer to relax and let go after a spanking when the spanking is more painful.  This morning it took a very long time and when Lash talked about pushing my limits even more, I started crying.  I was scared and confused.


So.... we talked.  


We talked about our expectations and why we do spanking at all.  One of the reasons we both agreed on was to help me get in touch with my emotions and be able to cry.  I feel very cleansed after I cry and I love being held by Lash when I cry - and he loves to comfort me.  Crying helps me put emotions into words so that I can share them with Lash.  Crying helps heal old hurts and keeps new fears and angry reactions from eating away at me.  Crying releases all the stress-filled energy I store in my body.  I feel like I really need this in my life but I don't let myself do it.


Lash has been hoping that harder spankings would get me over that edge, help me find the trigger that would allow me to cry.  It hasn't been working.  Now I don't know what intensity of pain others can tolerate.  I just know that I don't enjoy it for it's own sake.  I guess I'm not really a masochist or a pain slut or whatever.  If spanking at this intensity would help me to cry, to release emotions, I would not complain - I'd welcome it.  But for now it doesn't seem to be what I need.


So, we'll keep talking.  We'll try less intense but longer spankings.  We'll try more talking before, during and after.  We'll try a lot of things and see what works.  We'll keep loving each other and we'll keep spanking in our marriage because we love what it has done for us.  I trust that eventually we will find another level of depth - a new way of knowing what we both need and new ways of satisfying those needs.  We can be patient and we can be creative and we can admit when something doesn't work.  Most of all we talk, talk, talk until we understand each other and that's what keeps us from giving up!  

14 comments:

Dom Tom said...

We are all on a journey where what comes around each corner is uncertain. I'm glad you are both willing to explore, and, more importantly, communicate about what you are learning in each new step of this crazy journey. Life is shorter than you think--don't fret too much if it's not working, just mnake the appropriate adjustments and keep moving on! Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Meow - I have nothing insightful to say, but I feel for you.
Ally

Anonymous said...

Excellent. You got to cry, so that's good. :) I'm with you, too. Max has gotten so comfortable spanking hard that now I'm pulling back. There is an ebb and flow to human relationships and sexuality.
Happy spanking,
Maryann

dazygal said...

Meow,

Thanks for sharing about the ups and downs of your life. Not that it makes you feel any better, but it sure helps me to know others go through these funks with CDD too! Hope you round the bend soon and find that special place again!

Dazy

Meow said...

Tom, Thanks for what you said. We have had some unexpected deaths of friends our age in the last couple of years and we have definitely started to live each day to the fullest. Making adjustments is a never ending process and we're enjoying each stage along the way.

Ally, Always good to have some sympathy!

Maryann, I'm really kind of enjoying the ebb and flow. It sure keeps things from getting boring!

Dazy, It does help to know that every DD relationship has changes and not just ours!

Meow

JMDee said...

It's a curious thing about humans-- we gravitate towards extremes and yet in many cases solace is found betwixt and between.

I'm really grateful, as a newbie, that you shared this post.
So, thank you for that.

And on a happier note, enjoy your time away with Lash.

Best,
JMD

PK said...

I guess I am in a different place since we don't really do discipline. I know that at first I really wanted to cry but I never do. You have the right idea - talking. And maybe loving scolding will help you as much as harder spanking.

Hugs,
PK

s. said...

Meow,

It's a continuous learning, TTWD. Sometimes we try something then must tweak it because it isn't working in the way that we envisioned.

I hope you find what works for you. :)

s.

ronnie said...

TTWD is different for all of us, you have to change to what suits you both but the main thing is you can talk about.

Enjoy your vacation.
Love.
Ronnie
xx

Anonymous said...

You know I feel that I need to cry, but I'm never given the chance on the receiving end of a spanking. I guess it probably deals with not having found the special bond just yet with a dominate. Personally, today I am exhausted and feel stressed out, yet in my heart and mind know that if I had the mate who could take me to that special place then it would be pure release. In any case I hope you and Lash are able to figure this out...

Big Hugs,
kitten

LDD-4-Me said...

I think you are on the right track. I think the key may be milder but much longer spankings.

Minx and I have been there as we've tried to find the balance between length of spanking and intensity of the spanking that can give her the release that she wants to experience. It just doesn't always work and for us it's at times been very difficult.

I think it was a mistake for us to try using harder spanking with harsher implements, they should be reserved for punishments and not part of maintenance.

Complicating matters for us is the total lack of privacy which has made consistancy non-existant.

The few times when I've been on the other end I've never had a full 'release', yet I know she's gotten me very close. Still, there's the stress relief value that I enjoy (after, not durring).

Sara said...

Meow, I do know longer spankings that have the intensity that pushes me to tears at the very end work the best for us. It also depends on my mood, our energy, the phase of the moon and multiple other inexplicable things. And then, sometimes what works one week will not the next, and visa versa. Does that make it any easier to figure out? NO? Why should you understand what I don't? All I do know is that you will figure it out together, and as long as you get it right more often than not, it's OK!

Meow said...

Jane, Thanks, I'll think about our betwixt and betweens. That's probably where we'll end up.

PK, I do sometimes cry (during maintenance) but usually afterward when Lash soothes me with tender words. When it's a punishment, I usually cry before he even starts! I guess i need to cry sometimes for stress relief and that's the hardest.

s. Thanks! We'll start tweaking and go from there!

Ronnie, Yes, the talking has really helped and we're having a great mini-vacation!

Kitten, It does help to have someone who I can talk to and work things out on a continuing basis - that "special bond".

LDD-4-Me, Thanks for sharing your experience with this. It's nice to know we're not alone and that we may be on the right track. Btw, I do read your blog, but seldom comment, even though I like it a lot. A semi-lurker?

Sara, I'm glad to know that longer spankings have helped in your experience. The variables are endless, it seems, and what works today may not work tomorrow, but I'm happy with our decision to try another direction for a while.

Hugs to all, Meow

Katia said...

Thanks for sharing this post. I have trouble asking for stress relief spanking. I am glad when I do, because I need to cry and just let out all those pent up emotions. Plus, it can keep me from lashing out and getting a more serious spanking.

I am sure it can be frustrating when you can't reach the point you need. I hope all the talking helped.

Katia