Monday, October 5

Another Honest Blogger!



Thanks to Ally of Ally Steps Forward 
for asking me to list 10 honest things about myself.
They may not be Interesting, but they're Honest!


1.   I’m an extreme introvert.  That doesn’t mean I’m shy.  I have no problem interacting with people and actually love to speak before groups, but I need a lot of “alone” time to regenerate energy before I can be out with people again.


 2.  If I could have one talent, I’d love to be able to sing really well.  I come from a family of singers on my Dad’s side and I can sing OK, but I’d love to be able to REALLY SING!


 3.  If I could have one superpower, I’d be able to become invisible at will.  How handy for an introvert to be able to go out in public but just observe and not interact.  


 4.  I love to do research in old libraries or archives full of dusty old books and papers.  I love history and especially genealogy.


 5.  I don’t mind cooking but hate planning to cook and picking food for other people.  I don’t like to deal with raw meat, especially if it has bones in it or looks like it came from an animal.  Lash cooks the Thanksgiving turkey at our house!


 6.  I’m practically blind without my glasses and can’t wear contacts, so I have spare glasses in the car and in my travel bag, etc.


 7.  Maybe TMI, but I’ve only been married to one man, slept with one man and been spanked by one man - all the same man - Lash.  I’m not bragging or complaining but I’m satisfied to have missed what I missed and gotten what I have!


 8.  I was always tall and skinny when I was young.  Now I’m tall and not skinny but trying to get back to a healthy weight.  It was a pain to be taller than all the boys in school, but now I like being able to reach the high cupboard shelves.


 9.  I’ve lived in 4 states and on a Native American Reservation. I grew up in a town of only 500 people and had 42 people in my High School class.  I went to a State University and got much better grades after I started dating Lash - we did a lot of study dates with “perks” after the studying!


 10.  I like to read fiction, mostly mysteries, and watch B&W movies from the 40s and 50s.  I like quirky dark humor - I loved “Fargo” - and like to watch old 50s Sci Fi movies like “The Thing” and “Them!”


 11.  Usually I stick to the rules and follow all laws but once in a while I get sassy with Lash or rebellious or stubborn or make a list of 11 items when I’m asked to list 10!


13 comments:

s. said...

I graduated in a class of only 25!!

s.

Anonymous said...

I think every guy dreams about being invisible. Not so he can get away, but for what he can get away with!

Sara said...

Cool list! I always wanted to be able to sing too. For the sake of the world at large, it's not happening!

Anonymous said...

Great list, I love that you did 11.
Ally

Florida Dom said...

Thanks for sharing and opening up about yourself. The list was very interesting. And it's nice you're happy with what you have in having one man. When I've shared with fellow bloggers that I've only been with one woman that we're not the only ones out there who are happy with having only one flavor in their life.

FD

FD

ronnie said...

Thanks for sharing Meow, it's nice to know a little bit more about you.

I hate touching raw meat as well :) I need to get mine done.

Love.
Ronnie
xx

Meow said...

s., I liked going to a small high school - I could participate in everything! Did you grow up in a small town or just go to a smaller school in a city?

Mick, Thanks for the guy's point of view!

Sara, I sing in church or if I can sing with a larger group, but never on my own in front of people!

Ally, Thanks, my rebel came out and made me do 11!!

FD, You're not alone! I always thought I'd know when the right man came along and I wouldn't settle for less. As for one flavor, I think couples can start vanilla and try other flavors as they mature - we sure have!

Ronnie, Thanks! It's nice to know my raw meat aversion is shared! I always wear rubber gloves to handle it.

Hugs to all, Meow

Daisychain said...

Hi, Meow!
Great list. I have had to delete much of what I just typed...TMI...LOL.
But, sometimes in life, plans and dreams go awry, and too late, you discover they were not what they seemed...
Hugs and much love to you both, may you always be as happy and content as you are now! God bless! Daisy xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Very nice list, I love that you have 11 things too, wish I would have thought of it! I love to research and write, wish I had something interesting to work on right now! Thanks for sharing, I loved learning these new things about you.
~N

Meow said...

Daisy, Your comment sounds so sad. I hope things are OK with you!

~N, The little devil perched on my shoulder prompted me to do 11. I knew I would as soon as I saw that the required number was 10! Lash was not surprised at all. He knows my little rebellions!

Meow

JMDee said...

John and I are the only ones either of us have been with. Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm a SUPER introvert too, though not so super that I can turn myself invisible.

Anyhow, loved your list-- I think we share much in common. And yes, I think adding an 11 was a stroke of genius. :)

Jane

Anonymous said...

I should notify my pal about your post.

Anonymous said...

я вот что скажу: спасибо!! а82ч