Thursday, September 24

Who needs Stiff Nipples?


I think this is such a funny name for a business!
I also saw a sign locally that stated in large letters:

"Your wife is really HOT!"

Below, it explained that the wife needs a new air conditioner.  Is there something about breathing in the freon that makes guys see air conditioning as sexy?

Here in the mountains (our house is at 8000 ft. elevation) we don't even have air conditioning.  It's so cool and dry that we don't need it.  In fact, it's cool enough to give stiff nipples all summer long!  Have I said recently that I LOVE living in the mountains?

This year, the last day of summer brought a cloudy day here, then thunder and lightning, rain, hail, sleet, granular snow and then big flakes of snow!  It melted soon after falling, but in 2004 we had quite a snowstorm on September 21st and 22nd!

This was the view from our deck!

So, you can see that keeping our nipples stiff in the mountains doesn't require any air conditioning service
 - just Mother Nature.

We've had the fireplace checked out and put the flannel sheets on the beds.  Later today, I'll pack away my summer clothes which I got to wear only a few days here and a week when we were back in the Midwest.  Summer is my least favorite season and I'm not sorry to see it go.  Welcome Autumn!!

13 comments:

Katia said...

It looks beautiful and cold. Love the name of the business...funny.

Katia

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's good to see you posting! The Handyman had found that same pic a week or so ago and sent it to me because I'm always complaining about being hot. LOL The mountains look beautiful.

ronnie said...

Stiff nipples LOL

The mountains look wonderful and the views must be breathtaking Meow. Do you burn logs in your house?

Have a lovely weekend. Hope Lash is well.

Love.
Ronnie
xx

Sara said...

I love the Autumn too. I think it's my favorite season. It sounds lovely there...enjoy!

Daisychain said...

Spring is my season...so full of promise, showers, rainbows, new life, flowers pushing through, animals being born ...but then, summer is my season...the doors and windows open, laundry drying outside... waterfights... lol... but then, autumn is my season...kicking up a glorious rainbow of leaves, hearing them crackle as I stand on them....(oops, sorry dear, did you just sweep those up?) but then, winter is my season.... watching the beautiful snow falling, hearing the silence as it muffles all noise...building a snowman, then thawing out by sitting near a roaring log fire, with hot soup and buttered toast, yummy!
You are right though; we stayed on a mountain in America for one of our holidays, it was awesome!
Hugs, xxx Daisy xxx

Meow said...

Katia, It was cold that day. I went on an open air train ride that day and nearly froze my toes off!!

Kitten, Thanks for the welcome back! I had an apathy attack after finishing a big project on the 16th. Since I'm always hot, too, I love the cool weather in the mountains.

Ronnie, We bought the house because of the views - they are spectacular! We have one wood FP which we seldom use and one gas FP in the bedroom. Last night Lash started the gas FP for my spanking. Ooo! I love that!

Sara, Autumn has always been my favorite season. The beginning of school, the changing leaves, the approaching holidays, the cooler weather, the coziness of autumn evenings! Mmmmm!

Daisy, I enjoy the change of seasons, too, and would really miss them all if I lived in a climate where it was warmer year round. Your descriptions make me long for each one! I am so blessed to be able to live here!

Hugs to all, Meow

Florida Dom said...

We don't get much of an autumn in Florida but I never thought of stiff nipples as being one of the benefits of living in the mountains. I've sure Lash looks at that as another benefit to mountain living. I would think it'd be easier to put clamps on them. LOL.

FD

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful view from your deck. I love the summertime but I could put up with stiff nipple for that view ;) CD

Meow said...

FD, I think Lash gets enough ideas on his own, I won't mention the nipple clips.... until I'm ready (grin)!

CD, We give thanks every day for living here.

Meow

Mrs M said...

Wow, what a funny name for a business - I think it would shock the folk around here where I live.

Also what a beautiful view from your house, you are so very lucky to live on top of a mountain!

Mrs M

Anonymous said...

Meow, this is a riot! Thanks for the laugh!

I've only been to the mountains a few times, but I think about them all the time and hope one day to live there.

Hiking lover said...

Very nice post
Mats Lundkvist
www.hikinghelp.com

allycat4141 said...

Meow - I nominated you for an ‘honest blogger’ award, and hope you will take part!
Ally