Sunday, September 6

Yummy cake

Sour Cream Chocolate Cake

with Peanut Butter Frosting

Recipe of the month for Daisy


Ingredients:
1 3/4 cup Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 3/4 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
2/3 cup Butter Or Margarine;-Softened
2 cups Dairy Sour Cream
2 large Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees F. Grease and flour a 13 X 9 X 2-Inch baking pan.

In a large mixer bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt, blending well. Blend in the butter, sour cream, eggs and vanilla. Beat for 3 minutes on medium speed. Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick, inserted in the center, comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.

The frosting is simply butter, confectioners sugar and milk mixed with peanut butter, either creamy or chunky. No particular recipe.

10 comments:

Sara said...

Meow, girlfriend...I am trying to lose weight here! This sounds way too good!

Dante d'Amore said...


Yum. I just left Daisy's blog with her great recipe and somehow managed to resist the urge to go stuff my face and the first thing I see is this post, lol.

Catching up with my favorite blogs is gonna have to wait because I'm going hunting in the kitchen!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
☼☼☼Dante☼☼☼
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥


Daisychain said...

Hi, Meow, the chocolate part of the cake sounds fantastic, but I have to decline the peanut butter; I will never understand how you guys use it in such ways....LOL
Love n hugs, Daisy xxxxxxxxxxxxx

ronnie said...

Thanks for the recipe Meow, does sounds lovely but same as Daisy, would have to leave the peanut butter off :)

Love.
Ronnie
xx

Tiggs said...

So THIS is why the kitchen was such a mess this morning! That explains it!

I WAS gonna make spice cake cupcakes last night, in honor of Dante's birthday, but I stressed myself right into a migraine and never really recovered.

But I sure did notice the kitchen when I got up... I knew something had fueled his eating frenzy, lol!

Sounds yummy... I'd leave the peanut butter off, too, but that's just cause cream cheese frosting is my fav!

Meow said...

Dante & Tiggs, Sorry to be the trigger for a binge and messy kitchen (grin)!

Daisy and Ronnie, I'm confused. Don't you have PB in the UK or don't you like it or is it something else - like the whole marmite thing - that doesn't translate to American? Of course, the chocolate is the important part of any recipe, but my childhood birthdays wouldn't have been the same without the PB frosting! Lots of candies mix chocolate and peanuts, so I see it as a natural fit. Of course, I could put anything sweet on top and love it, too!!

Sara, I know, I know!! I was hungry all day yesterday! And I can't ever have it again since I'm now eating gluten-free! Bummer!

Meow

ronnie said...

Meow, yes we do have PB here in the UK, but I find it so gross and yes same as marmite, you either love it or hate it and I hate PB. YUK :)

Ronnie
xx

Anonymous said...

That cake looks and sounds delicious! I bet it would just taste amazing with a nice cup of coffee, tea, or cold milk. YUM!!

Hugs,
kitten

Anonymous said...

Meow, Thans for the recipe :). My Dad is in own, I'm making this for him this weekend. I'll let up know how mine turns out CD

Anonymous said...

Eeeek, keyboard sticks, Thanks for the recipe:) My Dad is in town. Lol, CD