Sunday, June 28

Smite!

I was startled in church this morning by one of the scripture readings. To be honest, my attention was wandering when suddenly I heard the words: "to give one's cheek to the smiter" (from Lamentations). That got my attention! Not to be too irreverent, but I may have to change Lash's nickname to The Smiter since he certainly smites my cheeks (you know which ones) often enough. Seriously, I love the verse later in that reading that says: "Although he causes grief, he will have compassion according to the abundance of his steadfast love". What a lovely description of forgiveness and cherishing after a punishment! That's my favorite part!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Daisychain said...

Yes indeed!
And people say spanking is not christian!! In Proverbs, (Living Bible edition) it says, "scolding and spanking a child helps him to learn"... and as far as I am concerned, if I am a brat, I can be that child!!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mrs M said...

Very nice post Meow, thank you for sharing and I think Lash (The Smiter) is a wonderful name for him lol!

Hope you both enjoyed your weekend!

(hugs)
Mrs M

Meow said...

We don't usually mix our DD with religion, but this was too good to pass up! Thanks, kitten, Daisy and Mrs M for having fun with us! Lash kind of likes the "Smiter" title, too. Meow