Sunday, June 7

Glad it's Over!

I've been away from Blogland for a couple of days and it's good to have the time to read a lot and write a little. I was in charge of Hospitality at a convention this weekend. I spent all day Friday and Saturday (plus this morning) dealing with: people who lost things, things who lost people, people who lost places, people who didn't like the places they found, people who needed things right now, things that were up two flights of stairs and down a long hall, misunderstood schedules, missed buses, frustrated delegates, AND wonderful strangers, cute babies, feisty seniors, brave handicapped, helpful hotel staff, incredible committee members, tireless State Officers, amazingly organized co-workers and a super sensitive hubby to come home to.

For an extreme introvert (me), it was a challenge. For an incurable caretaker (also me), it was a chance to help people, solve their problems, see them smile when I had their meal tickets, get a hug when I found their registration folders, find out we went to the same college, coo at the babies, meet new friends and get to know old ones better. It was a great experience and I'm exhausted!

Lash was incredibly supportive. He had a take-out salad ready when I came home Saturday night and took me out for something to eat when I was finished today. Last night he held me in his arms until I could relax and sleep and today he held me while I cried out my tension and exhaustion and then became the strict husband I needed to spank me hard for messing up my diet. Although...... how could I resist a Snickers when I had to walk past them several times a day and I was sooooooo in need of energy?!? (OK, it didn't work with Lash either.)

A week ago I asked Lash to help me stay on track with my health decisions and I've felt him with me every step of the way this week -- until the Snickers...... and one bag of chips. The fact that he didn't let me off just because it was an unusual circumstance made me feel that he really means it. He loves me enough to put my health first and hold me to my promises. It's worth having a sore bottom (on top of sore feet, a sore back and a headache) to know that I'm not in this alone.

7 comments:

ZED and ginger said...

you gotta be able to have a treat now and then!! :)

Isn't it great to have our men take care of us in such a special way? And as a fellow introvert, being in charge of anything that requires constant interaction with people can drain us!

g.

Hermione said...

Meow - it sounds like you had quite the weekend. After 2 days of non-stop people, I'd be very glad to come home to peace and quiet. And a spanking.

Hugs,
Hermione

Meow said...

Ginger, It was draining, but also exhilarating while it lasted, but I really crashed afterward. Hope Florida is fun!

Amber, I learned a lot and had some fun, too!

Hermione, The peace and quiet were great, but I needed the cuddle and the spanking to get me centered again.

Peace (and quiet), Meow

ronnie said...

Meow, I think you definitely would have been exhausted after your weekend but how satisfying to have done that and Lash sure knows how to look after you :)

Mmmm snickers I love those.

Ronnie
xx

Meow said...

Ronnie, It was a satisfying experience - the convention and the Snickers. And Lash is very good to me. Meow

Anonymous said...

Well, you are back on track, I am sure! I am so glad that Lash isn't letting you get away with even the little things, it makes it so easy to get carried away if things aren't dealt with immediately.

It sounds like you did a great job over the weekend,congratulations!

I will have a spanking coming sometime soon, if K thinks to ask me about my nutrition goals. (I am a don't ask, don't tell type of person for things like that!) I would never lie, but if he doesn't ask, I'm not telling. (I do tell on myself if it is a big rule, I don't want him finding out some other way! I would get 2 punishments.)

Mrs M said...

Hey Meow, I understand the introvert thing. But I guess everyone finds the strength and will to do what they, well, have to do I guess ;-)
So well done, and I'm pleased your back home with your Lash!

Poor you with the dieting thing, but I think you did really good if it was only a snickers or two that you had. I myself am battling with dieting at the moment, and it is so hard when you pass 5 different fast food restaurants on your way home!

Keep up with the great work, and you are very lucky to have such a supportive man as Lash is ;-)

Mrs M x