Tuesday, June 16

GraTiTude


I'm going to focus on one "T" word today because it's been on my mind lately. I had it in my original ABC list as Alpine TUNDRA. There are 2 kinds of TUNDRA - Arctic and Alpine and since I live in the mountains I get to see the Alpine TUNDRA. It's found at elevations over 10,000 feet and there are only 200 plants that survive there. It is treeless and appears barren, but very soon there will be wildflowers carpeting the ground. I love to hike above treeline in July because it is as beautiful as a well-kept garden. The colors are breathtaking and it is all miniature - only about 4-6 inches high. Look in the sidebar to see some of the alpine wildflowers. I hope some of you have had a chance to see this marvel of the Alpine TUNDRA!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Meow!!!
Well done you; I have been either crying or working like a beaver to catch up with what I didn't get done due to being upset!!! As a result, I am behind on my gratitude lists, and owe everyone R, S, and T!!! I will get on this asap!
Love the pictures of the tundra and flowers....how stunning!
Daisychain xxxxxxxxxxxx

Meow said...

Daisy, Wish I could reach across the sea and give you great big hugs! But if that were possible, Davey would do it!! I don't know the details of course, but all government snafus are enough to drive you to cry or eat or drink or..... whatever! I'm looking forward to R, S & T. Meow

Davey said...

Very interesting post meow. Tundra is interesting stuff...
By the way, TY for the support you have shown for Daisy and I, it is appreciated
Davey

ronnie said...

What a beautiful picture Meow, thank you. I hope you will share some more picture when you go hiking, it sounds a lovely place. Your very lucky.

Ronnie
xx

John Sees said...

Very beautiful photograph Meow, I live in grey old England, I just can't believe the colours there.