That's what I'm doing in this post and that's what we've been doing for the past two weeks.
1. Our Library sale made over $31,000 and that was a record! We had almost 100 new memberships which I need to process since I'm the membership chair.
2. Lash is getting more involved in his volunteer work and is loving it.
3. We're having our house painted which means almost daily discussions and decisions: color choices, where does the trim paint go, what does the painter need to have moved, opened, closed or not touched.
4. We went to visit daughter #1, SIL and grandson last weekend. Yippee!! We had loads of fun and helped our daughter with lots of cleaning which usually comes far down on her to-do list (after her husband, son and job). Her hubby has been studying for a test which will mean more pay and better jobs and he passed it on Saturday! We're so happy for them.
5. Daughter #2 is dissatisfied with her job. They've been on mandatory overtime for months and she's getting worn down with the 12 hour days and weekend work. We try to be supportive but we worry - that's what parents do, right?
6. Our moms are hanging in there. My mom ran out of savings and applied for some VA assistance which has taken months to come through but is now approved. Another Yippee!! It will allow her to stay in assisted living which is where she is safe and happy. We're keeping our fingers crossed for her cancer checkup in September. Lash's mom seems to be OK but is a little lost since her close friend moved away. She'll be 91 soon!
7. Hay fever has made us both miserable but I think the weed and grass allergen levels are getting lower (or so says AccuWeather).
8. I've been trying to stay on a strict diet and exercise plan so that my doctor won't start me on a bunch of medication. When I saw her today, I'd lost 7# (in three weeks) so another Yippee!! I have one more test to see if I'm getting enough oxygen at night. We live at 8000 feet so it's not uncommon to have this problem.
9. TTWD: It's been hard to find time with travel, allergies and an inconvenient paint crew hanging around outside the windows. My attitude has slipped but we've had a few chances to get back on track. Lash said I was "pissy" this morning about my doctor's appointment but I think I was just being "proactive"!
10. I'm trying to catch up on reading blogs but with over 13 million (or thereabouts) waiting in Google Reader I'm pretty far behind so I probably will just read and not comment. I've read some really good posts in the last 2 weeks and have to say that this community has the most insightful, sensitive and wise bloggers! Reading them has kept me from going crazy when I was fussing about all of the above! Now a few more good spankings and I'll be nearly normal!
Spanking - Spanking Meow has been an evolving process. When Meow first said she wanted a serious spanking-to and through tears-my first reaction was negative. Seeing ...
6 years ago