Sunday, January 17

TTWD after One Year


     One year ago today, I shocked my poor Lash by suggesting that we try DD.  Of course neither of us knew what that really meant or what we were getting into. 
     Here's how I described our beginning in one of my first posts:
"I think I was born with the spanko gene and have found it exciting all my life but didn’t share my interest with Lash until we’d been married almost 20 years. We incorporated it into foreplay occasionally and that was where it ended, until January of this year (2009). One weekend, I found a website about Domestic Discipline, followed some links, read all I could and felt a buzz all over! This was what I’d been wanting, but I hadn’t known how to express it.
     I showed one of the websites to Lash and left the house to go to the supermarket. I was so nervous about his response I was literally shaking! But, when I returned, he responded with interest that has since developed into enthusiasm. We’ve been gradually refining “our” form of DD ever since."
     Since then we've tried a lot of things, rejected some and liked others.  We love being together more than at any time during our marriage.  We reconnect and reaffirm our love with every spanking.  Most of them are "maintenance", for no particular reason except that one or both of us needs it!  We feel both relaxed and energized after a spanking.  It has become a comfortable part of our lives - but never boring or routine!   Sometimes it leads to more intimate moments, but it has an intimacy of it's own that feels complete.
     When I try to think of beginning DD and continuing it without the blogging community, my mind just goes blank.  How could we have done it without the support we've received, without the guidance of those who had more experience?  I'm glad we haven't had to struggle on this journey alone - I love looking ahead and behind us on the path of TTWD and seeing friends who lead the way and friends who have just started.
     Most of all I want to say to Lash:  "Happy Anniversary, Husband!"  I feel like our "real" marriage started one year ago today! 

16 comments:

PK said...

Meow, you and Lash are so very lucky. It was 23 years of marriage before I said a word to Nick and where DD didn't really take off as I pictured it I know that TTWD, the way we do it has had the same effect on our marriage as your way has done for you. We enjoy being together more, there is more trust, more openness and definitely more communication!

Happy Anniversary to you both may you have many, many more!!

Hugs,
PK

Sara said...

Meow that was really sweet. We also were 20 yrs married when I brought the idea pf DD to Grant and like Lash, he also was quite open to it. It has changed us, and brought a level of intimacy and joy that I did not really know was possible, outside of romance novels, atleast. One of the reasons I started my blog was to make a place where people could read about TTWD, DD and also see we are "normal". You have been a voice that added that to our community as well, and I am so glad you started and continue to write! Congratulations to you and Lash!

Hermione said...

Meow, you and Lash have come a long way together in just a year. I'm glad you had the courage to broach the subject with him.

Happy anniversary, and many more.

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

Meow - Happy Anniversary to both of you! I totally agree about the community playing such a large part of our success. I'm grateful to be a part of it, and grateful that you are too...
Ally

Anonymous said...

Happy Spanking Anniversary Meow and Lash!!! I just love reading about your DD life and experiences.

Hugs,
kitten

Little Butterfly said...

Wow, I just sat here and read your entire blog in one go! Love it; I am so glad you decided to "go public" and share your story. Congratulations on your one-year mark! You both are very inspiring to those of us still trying to find our way with DD. I can't wait to read more! (Oh and thanks for your post about the comment word-verification. I took a look at my blog and saw that it was on; must be the default. Those can drive me crazy too, so I turned it off.)

ronnie said...

I year Meow, Lash, Happy Belated Anniversary to you both. Your both very lucky.

Thanks for sharing with us and here's to many many more.

Love
Ronnie
xx

Janet said...

We celebrated our one year "spanking" anniversary in November. It has become a more special day then our regular anniversary. It is when we found each other again.
No matter how hard this lifestyle can be at times I know that the closeness and reconnection that we have now I could never replace. I hope it is the same for you!!
Congratulations on a year!

greengirl said...

Meow,
Thank you for sharing your journey for those of us just starting along. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I am happy for both of you! You have found a wonderful new outlet to keep your relationship purring and contented... (that was just too easy)
I think a celebratory spanking is in order.
Spanking, whether as part of DD, or simply for itself is great if both partners enjoy their roles. Many of our spankings are simply for fun.
Red

Anonymous said...

Sure is fun to rediscover each other, and become new people with each other.

We started last year, too and we've been married twenty-seven years!

Katia said...

Happy Belated Anniversary, Meow.
It was after 15 years of marriage to Luke before I brought the concept of DD to him. We couldn't be happier.
Hugs,
Katia

Anonymous said...

Aw, Happy DD Anniversary, Meow and Lash! Here's to many more years of strengthening your relationship through TTWD :D

Hugs,
Maggie

Anonymous said...

Meow and Lash,

Happy Anniversary! We share the exact same date! But a year apart. I'm 2010! I'm so happy for you two. I wish you many many more years to come. Hugs, KayLynn

Florida Dom said...

Congrats on your anniversary and may last year have been just the first of many fulfulling years for both of you in the lifestyle.

FD

Anonymous said...

ok, cool... i just brought many another emo backgrounds to my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info