Wednesday, November 25

Update

     It's been awhile since I posted, other than a Nov. 11th tribute.  Mostly, I've been mired in apathy.  Oh, I've kept on reading blogs, but haven't commented or posted because it just seemed like too much trouble.
     I also needed to step back to get some perspective because I was getting a little too worked up about issues and controversies and other people's personal problems.  It was starting to seem more real than my real life and that's just not true.  It's an interesting, even fascinating little world we've created here, but the world outside my door is interesting, too.  It's also easier to sit in front of my computer and comment on blogs than it is to contact people and get out to meet them - especially for a true introvert like me.  I fight this battle all the time:  my need to keep in contact with friends and family  vs. my need for a lot of "alone" time.  
     And...... some real life stuff has been happening:  One friend lost her husband, another had surgery, another is moving away.  
     Our daughter learned she has gestational diabetes and is slowly discovering how to take control of her diet.  We had a wonderful visit with her and her husband one weekend for a massive baby shower!  Tomorrow we will spend Thanksgiving with them!
     Lash has been on a roller coaster concerning his next job.  First he was offered work for about 3 weeks in December and then that fell through.  Then he had about 10 days of work but it meant changing our holiday travel plans, then that fell through.  Now he has the certainty of 6 days of work starting this weekend (when we were supposed to be with family) which will be a welcome return to the job front after a summer of no work due to 3 hand surgeries.  Fortunately he's recovering very well and is very glad to be back on the job.  
     We've been doing some long-needed retirement planning including changing some investments and changing our health insurance plan.  That meant a lot of research into our spending habits, past, present and future - not fun!  And meeting with investment advisors, financial planners and insurance agents - also not very much fun - but necessary.
     In general everything is fine with us but we've had some worries about family members, friends and our own future which drew us into real life for a while.
     Spanking has been continuing.  In fact Lash asked me if I had posted already (he knew I was planning to)  and offered to give me something to post about!  He's waiting upstairs for me now!!  I'll let you know how it goes.
     Happy Thanksgiving to all my US friends and have a great weekend to everyone else!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you have updated! I have missed reading your posts! Hope all works out and things settle down for you and Lash!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting. Glad you are getting your lives organized - painful but better than the alternatives. Sorry about all the tough stuff you've had to deal with. Enjoy your day tomorrow. Keep staying in touch with your 'real' friends so that you'll feel less guilty about posting! (I go through the same exact issues!)

Daisychain said...

Awww, I know exactly where you are coming from, hun, I am there too! Glad to hear spanking is ongoing; I miss that...
Love to you and Lash...
Hugs, Daisy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ronnie said...

Meow, Big hugs to you both.

Love.
Ronnie
xx

Anonymous said...

Meow, glad to see you back, have a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Ally

Florida Dom said...

Hope you can find a balance between your real life and cyber life.

And let us know what happened when you went upstairs.

Also, hope you're having a good holiday.

FD

Katskia said...

Hi Meow!
I won't lie; I have missed you! But I know how important it is to stay connected in the real world. I am so proud that you and Lash are being so pro-active with your lives.

That is awesome. And hard work. Happy Thanksgiving.

Hugs!

Paula

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a good Thanksigiving. Way to go on handling the big events in your life.

Meow said...

Thanks everyone! We had a great Thanksgiving Day with our daughter and her husband. We're still out of town, so I'll try to post again when we get back. Hope you all had a wonderful Thursday whether or not it was a holiday for you! Meow

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back! I am glad that things are going well, even if it is taking a round about way to get there. Hugs to both you and Lash, and warm thoughts for your daughter and sil.

~N